Well if you thought that Vacheron couldn’t make a more complicated watch then you will be in awe with this 1M dollar Les Cabinotiers Celestia Astronomical Grand Complication 3600 with 23 complications it is now the most complicated wrist watch the company has ever made (not to be confused with the Reference 57260 pocket watch that had 57 complications and went for a whopping 5 Million).
The detail and custom work that went into this 5 year venture for Vacheron and produced many complicated features and as you may have guessed revolve around celestial complication such as civil, solar and sidereal time or, respectively, standard time based on the trajectory of the sun, and time measured against the position of the stars (dont ask me how this is done, it’s either magic or alien engineering).
This this many complications the watch had to obviously be double sided as seen in the pictures and has a lot of things going on. I believe time here is only a secondary function.
- Further complications and specifications include:
- perpetual calendar that doesn’t need adjusting for 400 years
- moon phase accurate to one day every 122 years
- tourbillon movement
- an equation of time
- sunset and sunrise times
- displays showing the length of day and night
- a tide level indicator
- and indication of the seasons, solstices, equinoxes and zodiac signs
- three-week power reserve with a power reserve indicator
- Case is 13.6mm x 45mm